An Indispensable Resource for Nonprofit Leaders and Fundraisers
At a time when nonprofit leaders find themselves in an increasingly diverse philanthropic environment, understanding how to harness the power of cultural diversity is essential. This highly anticipated resource is grounded in Lilya Wagner’s many years as a fundraising professional, trainer, and consultant, as well as her extensive global and multicultural experience.
Jens Uwe Boettcher, Dr. iur. (Bonn), LL.M. (UBC), Head Emeritus, Forum Buergerengagement, University of Bremen, Germany
Dr. Boettcher is a long-time consultant, teacher, and author on civil society and fundraising, including two books on fundraising for schools in Germany. He served on the ethics committee of the German Fundraising Association, and for three years was chair.
Highlights of the book:
- Information and insights about specific population groups and their cultures, traditions, and practices in North America that affect and influence philanthropy.
- Examples from countries of origin.
- Real-life examples and sidebars from representatives of those cultures.
- Input by professionals and practitioners from diverse populations and countries of origin.
- Suggestions for the culturally-proficient professional, particularly in fundraising.
About the author
To contact the author with questions or comments, write to: